Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The beginning of the "firsts"!

I know I'm going to have a million and one opportunities for blogs starting with "Tiuke's first......." but I really don't want to sound repetetive every other post, so I promise to attempt to think of clever titles for all of the "first accomplishments" of my child!! This one we will call the beginning!

It's Tiuke's first bath! At first I was just going to let Duke go in alone & give the baby his bath while I recovered in my room, but when the time came, and they told Duke that he could go bathe our little man, I decided I just couldn't miss it! I didn't want to miss any moment in my sweet baby boy's life! And I especially didn't want to miss any moments that were full of photo ops! So I decided to go with, only to take pictures though, because I knew this was an important moment for Daddy!




As you can see, Tiuke did NOT like his bath! He screamed the entire time, and he was bright red. I have never seen him so red since! Poor little buddy. After scrubbing down that tiny little body the nurse asked Duke if he wanted to wash baby's hair. I know, that seems silly and like such an easy thing, but trust me it is a very intimidating task! Just looking at such a tiny baby, and then trying to figure out how you're going to stabalize his neck and hold his body and scrub his hair, it's pretty nerve racking. So Duke handed the baby over to the nurse and let the nurse show him her tricks of the trade, but not because he was nervous, no, that was DEFINITELY not why! He just wanted to see how the pros did it!




Luckily he loves bathtime now, and dad does a GREAT job washing his hair!!! Oh.... and I MUST post this picture...


This pregnancy we unfortunately had multiple overnight stays in the hospital, and every time, Duke always made a trip to the nursery to go see the babies. Then he would come back to our room and talk about how he just couldn't wait to be able to go look through those windows and see his baby on the other side. I'm so glad I was able to get a picture of this moment. He is such a proud pappa!

No comments:

Post a Comment