Saturday, August 27, 2011

Well Traveled Baby Part 2

So after our first little extravaganza to Colorado, we had to return for an appointment Duke had back in SLC, but then he had to be back in Colorado to finish his training. So I decided that I was going to continue taking full advantage of the opportunity we had to spend more time with Duke. We packed up our things once again, and the next day we headed back to Fruita, this time with Lisi!! I was so glad that she came with, because it meant I would have someone to hang out with while Duke was gone training, and plus I thought it would be nice for her to go somewhere she had never been, and see some things she hadn't ever seen.

We got to Colorado Friday evening and Duke was then informed, (of course AFTER we drove to Colorado), that he wouldn't be able to do any training until Monday. But, we decided to make the best of it and go do some fun things around town that I always enjoyed. The first was the Dinosaur Museum.



It's been so long since I had been to this museum, I was a little afraid that Lisi might be too old to enjoy it, but it turned out we all had a really great time!



And just for a little information, that T-Rex you see is the largest robotic dinosaur in the country... And it is AWESOME!

After the museum we decided we hadn't had enough adventure for one day, so we decided to take a trip up to the Colorado National Monument.



It was such a beautiful day, aside from a little wind, we couldn't have asked for better weather. I had so much fun taking them around and showing them where I grew up, but it really made me miss Colorado. Sometimes I forget how beautiful it is there, and how much I miss it sometimes. I hope as Tiuke gets older we are able to continue traveling to Colorado so he can love it there just as much as I do.

* * * * * *

The next day we decided should be swim day. I took everyone to the LIncoln Park swimming pool which is where I learned to swim. Lisi, Duke & I had a blast climbing the stairs all the way to the top of the water slide and sliding down, and doing that over & over & over! (I guess those pictures may have to come later, as I have misplaced my usb cord for the camera I took to the pool!) Lisi and I had a really good time going off the diving boards too, especially the "high" one. For the record, it's much higher once you get up there, than it looks from the ground! Duke was too scared to go, but his excuse was that he had to hold the baby!

And as if that wasn't enough swimming, we went some more once we got to the hotel!



Tiuke loved the water! I can't wait to start him in "mommy & baby swim lessons" this winter!

After packing in all the fun and adventure that we could that weekend, the next couple days in Colorado were pretty relaxing. As Duke went to training, Lisi and I would get up, grab some bagels & cereal from the free continental breakfast downstairs, and then come back to the room to watch movies and sleep while the baby slept! It was actually pretty nice to be able to take a nap in the middle of the day & not feel guilty for sleeping instead of doing laundry, or picking up the bedroom!

All in all our little adventure turned out to be a really great time, and even though Lisi can't admit it, I think she had fun too!


No comments:

Post a Comment