Monday, October 17, 2011

It Has Begun...

My favorite time of year is officially in full swing. I love walking onto my front step and breathing in a deep breath of cool, crisp air. Especially when it smells like living room fireplaces burning, and homemade chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. And there's nothing like a beautiful orange, red and yellow backdrop of fall leaves to top it off. And I must say, I thuroughly enjoy the bright oranges, blacks, deep purples and lime greens of Halloween decorations to really bring in the Autumn cheer! I think what I like most, is it symbolizes the beginning of the holiday season. It means it's time to put away the flip flops & pull out the snow boots. Grab your snuggliest blanket & an extra large container of hot cocoa cause winter is on the way, and that means cold nights in watching movies & hanging out with my little family. 

And to get into the mood of fall, I decided it would be a good time to take Tiuke to Wheeler Farm & shoot a few fall photos. The time passed so quickly, I wasn't able to take any "3 Months" photos, and I didn't want to miss the opportunity to capture this time in his tiny little life, as I know I will never get these precious moments back, and he will never be this little again.







Grandma Jacalyn came with us to take the photos, she was a great "prop holder"!! She made it so much easier and she just loves "her" baby!! And thanks to her being there, Tiuke & I got a couple shots together!




This Saturday marked yet another tradition that just makes Autumn feel like Autumn even more, Witches Night Out!! Every year the ladies in my family get decked out in our witch hats, and brave the traffic to make it out to Witches Night Out at Gardner Village. It's such a fun tradition, and I just love walking around and seeing all of the creative costumes and checking out the neat little shops with their creative decorations & must-have trinkets. Although this year a lot of us were boring & didn't wear a hat.... but next year FOR SURE!!

Tiuke absolutely LOVED it there! I wasn't sure how he would feel about the whole thing. It could go one of two ways, either he was going to get freaked out by all the crazy women dressed as witches, or he was going to love it, and he LOVED IT!! (Such a momma's boy!) I put him in his baby bjorn and decided I'd have him facing out, at least to begin with, so he could see what was going on. We walked up to the event and all of a sudden I start hearing this tiny little voice squeeking and squeeling and making out a tiny little baby laugh. I realized after a few moments that it was Tiuke! He was loving it! I'm sure he was thinking "look at all these silly women dressed up in their funny looking costumes, and running around like little kids." But it just made me so happy to hear that tiny little squeek every couple of minutes!




These "witches" made their own costumes... and even stayed in character the whole night!


About halfway through the night Tiuke needed to be changed, and then I decided to turn him around to face momma in the baby bjorn. It took about 2 minutes and he was OUT!

We had so much fun at Witches Night Out. My Aunt Debbie & cousin Stephanie came, and my Aunt Tracy came with Lacee, Martina & Becca. Then my cute mommy, (who spent the weekend with us), and my sister came out. We also invited my neighbor Jaclyn and her 2 daughters. It was so fun to see everybody and hang out. Even though we all got split up for a little while, it's always nice to catch up for a bit and see how everyone is doing.

* * * * * * * *

I forgot to mention in my last post that we took Tiuke to the doctor for his 4 month check up. He is so big! He has grown 5 1/2 inches, he is now 26 inches long, and he also weighs in at a whopping 15 lbs. 11 oz. ... HOLY COW!! Then he had to get a couple shots in his chubby thighs, but he & I both braved through it, and he barely even cried. He's such a brave little buddy!


And my sweet little boy has a new, well, lets just call it a "hobby" that he has recently discovered as a means of entertaining himself. He likes to grab his blanket, or burp cloth, or whatever is close by, and pull it up over his head and then he wiggles around and giggles. It's almost like he's playing peek-a-boo with himself. Its so hilarious. And the other day while he was playing his game I turn to look at him and find this...



I just adore him!

That's it for today. Happy Monday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment