Monday, October 10, 2011

Sick Day

I decided it would be a good idea to get my annual "season changing cold". Every year,  just as the seasons are changing from Summer to Autumn, I get a really neat cold. It starts with just a small cough, and rapidly turns into  a cough that sounds like it's coming from an 80 year old man, accompanied by a headache, chills, hot flashes and aches and pains all over. So, I was happy to be able to stay home today. This is the first time I've been sick, and not have to worry about calling my job to tell them I wouldn't be in. It was such a relief. And lets be honest, it doesn't hurt having a beautiful baby boy to snuggle with while I'm feeling crappy.



It also gave me a chance to catch up on some beanies I needed to make. While I was pregnant and on bed rest I started crocheting, I had posted a few photos of some of the things I had made, and had quite a few people ask if I would be willing to "take orders"!! I, of course, was more than happy to whip up a few things for everyone... but then I had more and more people asking for them. So I started posting photos on facebook, and selling them at a very decent price! It's so flattering to have people who like my things so much!!





My bed was turned into a play place/ crochet garden!

The weather finally cleared up today, and it was just perfect for going outside. I was a little bummed that I wasn't feeling well enough to go out and enjoy it, but I'm hoping to get feeling better by the end of the week, so I can get Tiuke to a pumpkin patch. But it's days like today that I appreciate Duke so much for what he does for our family. Not only did I not have to call in sick to a job today, but every day I get to be with my baby boy, and I don't have to miss a single minute of his little life!

 Today was wonderful.

* * * * * * * *

And just one more add-on.... how do you not love this...


He MUST hold my finger as tight as possible while he eats, and he absolutely WILL NOT let go. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment